Sorry I am late with an update from hospital appointment yesterday, baby is still tucked up!
We went to the hospital on Monday as I was very sore again and my tummy was extremely tight. I was concerned as this is what happened the last time when they decided to remove the balloon 2 days early as they thought labour was very likely. I was in a lot of pain at night and was having trouble sleeping again so thought it best to get checked out.
My fluid had increased to 27cm but my cervix had remained stable. Thankfully the consultant was able to witness the tightenings I was having and she said they were contractions. As they were contractions she decided not to drain the fluid as my body appeared to be coping well enough and the only reason to drain would have been because I was so uncomfortable. They did not want to drain for this reason incase it caused me to go in to labour and they ideally wanted me to get to 37 weeks. They were happy for me to go "home" and come back again on Thursday to reassess my fluid, have a talk with the surgeon who would be operating on the baby and to discuss a date for induction!
At my appointment yesterday my fluid and cervix have remained the same which is good. The baby is now weighing 6llb 12 oz! We then discussed induction, if I don't go myself before then. The main consideration with induction is that there is a bed for the baby in intensive care. For this reason I had to wait for a phone call from the neonatal nurse to confirm. She called last night and they have provisionally booked me in for Tuesday 4th August!!! I really really cannot believe that I may end up being induced after being so high risk of prematurelabour throughout the pregnancy. I will be 37 weeks and 3 days so full term, again unbelievable! I have to call on Tuesday morning to confirm that a cot is available, if not it will be pushed back to Wednesday, then Thursday etc. I am trying to keep an open mind as I dont want to be dissapointed if I dont go in on Tuesday.
We also met with the surgeon yesterday and both found it really helpful. He explained exactly what will happen with the baby. They will have a team of doctors in the room and once the baby is born it will be immediately ventilated before it can take its first breath. The aim for the next week or so is to stabalise the baby for surgery. This is the main struggle as the baby needs to have enough lung function of its own to be able to pass oxygen and carbon dioxide through its lungs. He explained that if the baby makes it to the surgery then it has a good chance of survival so we really do have a rocky road ahead.
Obviously, I will not be able to update once the baby is born but I will ensure someone updates as soon as the baby arrives.....hopefully by this day next week at the latest.