Sunday 21 June 2009

Moving to London - 21 June 2009

After much deliberating we have finally reached the decision that we would be happier to deliver in Kings College.
Due to my impatient nature I was keen to go over as soon as possible just incase I went into labour. However, I rang Danielle (Catalinas replacement) who assured me that although I was high risk for premature labour my cervial length was good and that she did not think I would go into labour within the next few weeks. This was good to hear and we are looking at heading over on 6th July. The balloon is due to be removed on 16th July (34 weeks and 5 days) but I really do not see me getting that far. For once though I really hope I am wrong!

I have spent the last 2 days looking on the internet for somewhere to rent on a short term basis that is close to the hospital but not in a bad area. I know that may sound easy but it really has not been! Have picked the brains of a few people who know the area and I think we may be getting somewhere but you never know!

I just have to take it really easy and hope and pray that I can last another 2 weeks at least.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kerri & Philip. Lorraine directed me here today or even yesterday (Its gone midnight). I heard the good news some time ago that you were expecting but had no idea of the heartache. I'm not big on prayers and haven't said any in a wee while but having read this my natural instinct is to light a candle and say a few, which is exactly what I will do. Louise's mum talks to the big man up above EVERYDAY!! and swears by the power of prayer. Before the clock strikes 12.00 there will be people none of us know praying for baby Burnside. As I write this I have an OVERWHELMING feeling that everything will be ok. Not giving up is CLEARLY in the genes! Don't forget that every heartache carries with it the seed of a greater benefit & a kite risies against the wind not with it!
    Stay strong.
    Colin XOXO

    ReplyDelete